Social Media Is Revolutionizing Communications. BIG TIME ???!!!
Some of the FACTS to prove Social Media Growth :::
- Facebook is the top-visited Website on 2010
- The United States has the has the largest unique social networking audience
- Among internet users, 78% say that they at least occasionally conduct product research and 32% report that they have posted online product comments.
- Nearly six-in-ten adults (58%) have done research online about the products and services they buy, and about a quarter (24%) has posted comments or reviews online about the things they buy.
- 59% of All Adult Americans Go Online Wirelessly
- Time spent on social networks is growing at 3x the overall internet rate.
- Three of the world’s most popular brands online are social-media related (Facebook, YouTube and Wikipedia) and the world now spends over 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites.
- While 14% People Trust Ads, 76% of People trust consumer recommendations.
- 47% of online adults use social networking sites and 73% of teens and young adults are a member of at least one social network
- Internet is the second activity that US Adults spend more time on and they spend an average time of 155 minutes per day
- Facebook.com accounts for 24.7% of page views in the US, which is far higher than the 7% of US page views which Google.com currently receives.
- Only 18% of the traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI
- Dell has earned $500,000 in sales by sending special offers to its Twitter group
- Half a million people sign up for Facebook or MySpace every day
- Businesses are using Facebook-like features to improve employee and customer engagement
- 78% of people trust what their social network says about a product or services
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- 83% of Americans use online social networks
- And these numbers keep on increasing ….
Agreed?? So where do you stand….?