Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen recently.
Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS. The users of Delicious, to continue using Delicious, must agree to let Yahoo! transfer bookmarks to AVOS.
Reasons to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks
As soon as you let Yahoo! move your Delicious account, you will:
* Enjoy uninterrupted use of Delicious.
* Keep your Delicious account and all your bookmarks.
* Keep the same look and feel of Delicious as you have today, and enjoy future innovations for the product.
What happens if you do not move your bookmarks?
* Delicious in its current form will be available until approximately July 2011.
* After that, you will no longer be able to use your existing Delicious account and will not have access to your existing bookmarks or account information.
How do I transfer my bookmarks?
To transfer your bookmarks, you need to "opt-in" to allow your account and all associated data to be moved. You can do this from the opt-in page.
Here is the step-bystep procedure for transferring bookmarks:
- Sign In with your Yahoo! ID to your delicious account
- Select a new password (Make sure you use at least one number or symbol in your password)
- Retype Password and click “submit” button
- You’ll get the message "Your Old-Skool account is now created"
- Make a note of your username since you'll use that only for logging in to your Delicious account in the future