Have you inadvertently created multiple facebook pages?
Are you finding it hard to manage multiple pages for the same business?
Are you having too many fans on an unofficial page to request them to like your official page?
Forget your worries. You can now merge duplicate pages and/or places!!!
How to merge:
To merge one page into another: (Facebook Help Center)
1. Log in to Facebook and go to the page you want to keep.
2. Click the "Edit Page" button in the top right corner.
3. From the left column menu, click "Resources" Tab.
4. Click on the "Merge duplicate pages" link.
5. A dialogue will show pages you admin that qualify to be merged. Select the page(s) you wish to merge to the page you're on. If you're merging a place and a page, they must have the same address information.
Alternate Method: (Source : TheSocialAnimal)
Another alternate way is to follow the below steps:
The page that you want to keep should get ”authenticated” by Facebook. Go to this page – https://www.jotform.com/form/10891559154 – enter the details(Page Admin's Email, Your Company name, and PageURL to Authenticate). Click "Submit Form". It'd take some time for your page to get authenticated(30 days as of now.) You'll receive email from Facebook if your page is authenticated.
After getting the email, go to this page – http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=page_migrations_external – and enter the URL and name of your authenticated page. Then enter the URL of the pages that you want to merge with authenticated page. The fans of all the pages will now become fans of the authenticated page.
Things to note:
- The page(s) you merge will be removed from Facebook and you will not be able to unmerge your pages.
- You still can't merge a profile or a group. Also you can't convert a group into a page
- If someone is a fan of both the pages, they'll remain a fan of authenticated page and be counted only once. Only contents on your authenticated page will remain and all other pages contents will be deleted.
- need to keep one page as master whose pages contents will be retained.
- It'd take at least a month for Facebook to authenticate a master page
- If two Facebook pages have very different names, Facebook might not let merging the pages.
Also Facebook comes up with new updates every now and then, these options might have been changed or will change in the future.
To keep yourself posted or to make yourself better in Facebook and other social media sites, go to SocialNetGate – ONe stop Solution for Social Media Management