Google has recently added option for page owners to add managers to their page. Each page can only have one owner, but can have up to 50 managers.
A page manager can
- Invite new person as managers
- Remove existing managers
- View manager roster (including email addresses of invited managers)
- View and adjust page settings (ex. notifications)
- Take actions on behalf of the page (ex. post content, edit circles, edit page profile and name, etc.)
A page owner can do all the above and also can
- Delete a page and
- Transfer ownership of the page
To add a new manager to the page:
# Log in to your Google+ account
# Switch from Google+ Profile to Pages (Google+ Switch Image 1 Below)
- First click on your name (or the page name) in your upper most left corner to return to the home page.
- Then select the drop down that is right under your name (just left of your profile image).
- In the drop-down select the page or your profile to easily switch back.
# Click “Google+ Settings” under the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen (Google+ Settings Image 2).
# You will be taken to the general settings page. On the right side, click the managers option (Google+ Manager Settings Image 3).
# Under "Add managers by email", enter email address and click invite
# Once the person – whom you have sent invite – accepts the invite, he/she will be one of the managers.
A manager can't delete or transfer ownership of a page which a page owner can do.
# Under the Manager Settings page, on the top right under the Settings gear icon, click "Transfer Ownership"
# Identify the manager whom you want to designate as the new owner and click Continue.
# Confirm that you want to transfer the ownership and it is done.
Please note that :
The owner is the only manager who can perform some tasks for a page, such as deleting the page.
Once you transfer ownership you will remain a manager of this page, but you won't be able to perform tasks that only the new owner can perform.
This action can't be undone.
SocialNetGate – One stop solution to Social Media Management
Helping businesses and individuals establish and promote their brands in social media.