Bishop Ranch, one of the largest office parks in North America, has just launched the contest, one of viral promotional tools from SocialNetGate. Their goal ? Create a very strong community of 30,000 people who work at over 600 offices located there.
Facebook is rolling out new feature: Offers.
How it works:
- Brands/Businesses can post offers on the Facebook pages. It will be updated in the timeline of the business' page and the news feed of people who like the page.
- People can claim, like, share, and comment on the offers posted.
- If an offer is claimed, Facebook will send an email to the claimant on the details of the offer.
- The email can be used to redeem the offer from the business.
Facebook Offers for Businesses
Facebook Offers is only available to a small number of local business Pages as of now. If you'd like to post offers but don't have that option, request it from FB Pages team
Below are the steps to create and post a Facebook Offer(Check the screenshots below):
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to your page
- At the top of your Page's timeline, if you can see "Offer,Event+" Facebook offers is available for you.
- Click on "Offer" and enter details of the offer
- Click Preview and see the review and click Post if you have confirmed the Offer content
Here are some of the information to note:
Ø You can control who can see the offer, similar to posting images, status updates, etc.
Ø Restrictions/Limits on Offer content Headline text: 90 characters, Terms and conditions text: 900 characters and Offer image size: 90 x 90 pixels, non-square images will be cropped to a square
Ø You can't edit an offer after you post it and only can delete it
Ø Once someone claims your offer, they'll receive an email that they may bring into your business.
Ø People can hide offer and/or all posts from a specific Page if they don't like(similar to posts)
While Facebook has recently rolled/rolling out offers feature, we at SocialNetGate had already made use of Facebook to publish offers. Facebook Offers is added as an application to our clients' Facebook pages, where people need to like the page and view the offers. This way it makes the offers exclusive only to people who like your Facebook page. Soon, we will be busy finding an option to post to Facebook offers from our platform. Contact us at email@example.com to know on more features…
Stay ahead on Social Media Marketing and Management with tips, tricks, updates and more from SocialNetGate Blog
There is a really great article at TechCrunch today. The article provides a lot of data and the conclusion is upto the reader. The author concentrates mainly on Google, especially the recent earnings call with the analysys, and just mentions Facebook at the end. The recent acquisition of Instagram by Facebook is an indicator of how much Facebook is worried about the mobile proliferation.
We experience that at SocialNetGate with our efforts to get our users leverage social tools in an easy to use manner. With Facebook blocking the ability to use apps on the mobile, it is really a major roadblock for us to provide convrged solutions.
Take the "Offers" module as an example. We would like to integrate this with QR code and fulfillment at the Facebook app we deploy in every business' Facebook page. This is not possible, at the moment, because the app is blocked at the mobile. This forces us to find alternate solutions to work around. Not a great idea, Facebook when you have a feature that block user traction.
Posterous is down. Is it just coincidence with the Tweetdeck’s outage the other day. Cant think of what is going to happen to Instagram now.
Many, including several of us here at SocialNetGate, got really confused when Google changed the Android marketplace, Google Music etc to "Google Play". Now, we get it. It is all part of a long term social, mobile, local, augmented reality, entertainment solution.
Yes, we are talking talking about Google's Project Glass.
There are several skeptics that argue Google is wasting time. We think not.
1. Augmented reality is NOT Virtual reality. They are quite different. Ofcourse the Virtaul reality experiments pathetically failed because those made people look like geeks. But more importantly, there was NO Web at that time, folks. There was no way to bring real time data relevant to you and integrate it with your life's events, plans and activities.
2. The size of the glass, at least what they show in the project site, is slim enough that you wont look like something from the future. But then again, the future is here so, even if it is a little bulky, I am sure there will be people wearing it.
3. Apple changed our behavior to stick an equipment in our hands permanently that used to be just for voice communication, Google may very well add a replacement that is voice controlled and ergonomically safer. (Not sure how it would impact driving laws regarding usage. Let us not even go to those arguments about how your brain will get cooked due to constant usage of phones)
Facebook has rolled out the Facebook pages timeline. The change was announced on February 29 with the preview option, and preview period is now over. All Facebook Pages upgraded to a new design on March 30.
- Add a unique cover photo to the top of your Page
- Star stories to make them bigger
- Pin posts to the top of your Page
- Add milestones to mark key events Arrange views and apps below your cover
- View notifications
- Respond to messages
- View your Page insights
- Access your activity log to curate content on your Page
- Access the Edit menu to make changes to your Page's settings