Facebook is rolling out new feature: Offers.
How it works:
- Brands/Businesses can post offers on the Facebook pages. It will be updated in the timeline of the business' page and the news feed of people who like the page.
- People can claim, like, share, and comment on the offers posted.
- If an offer is claimed, Facebook will send an email to the claimant on the details of the offer.
- The email can be used to redeem the offer from the business.
Facebook Offers for Businesses
Facebook Offers is only available to a small number of local business Pages as of now. If you'd like to post offers but don't have that option, request it from FB Pages team
Below are the steps to create and post a Facebook Offer(Check the screenshots below):
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to your page
- At the top of your Page's timeline, if you can see "Offer,Event+" Facebook offers is available for you.
- Click on "Offer" and enter details of the offer
- Click Preview and see the review and click Post if you have confirmed the Offer content
Here are some of the information to note:
Ø You can control who can see the offer, similar to posting images, status updates, etc.
Ø Restrictions/Limits on Offer content Headline text: 90 characters, Terms and conditions text: 900 characters and Offer image size: 90 x 90 pixels, non-square images will be cropped to a square
Ø You can't edit an offer after you post it and only can delete it
Ø Once someone claims your offer, they'll receive an email that they may bring into your business.
Ø People can hide offer and/or all posts from a specific Page if they don't like(similar to posts)
While Facebook has recently rolled/rolling out offers feature, we at SocialNetGate had already made use of Facebook to publish offers. Facebook Offers is added as an application to our clients' Facebook pages, where people need to like the page and view the offers. This way it makes the offers exclusive only to people who like your Facebook page. Soon, we will be busy finding an option to post to Facebook offers from our platform. Contact us at email@example.com to know on more features…
Stay ahead on Social Media Marketing and Management with tips, tricks, updates and more from SocialNetGate Blog