On the previous post, we discussed on the recent Facebook Updates.
Now, let us explain in detail on how to apply/make use of these changes, as we did for ‘Tagging Ability’ in the earlier post.
What is ‘Post privacy gating’?
With this option, you can choose a targeted audience every time you post an update on your Facebook Page. Nobody outside of the target audience will be able to see the posts.
You can target your audience based on :
Do not forget that the earlier option for selecting target based on Location and Language is still available as of now.
However, the difference with the new option is that the post will be seen in your page timeline as usual by Public. You can hide it from the page for the public to see it, if you want to.
Where is it and how it works?
- Log in to your Admin Facebook profile
- Go to the page’s ‘Manage Permissions’ admin page/option
You can see the option ‘Post privacy gating’
- Check the option and ‘Save Changes’
- Come back to the page (for which the change was made) and on the status update box you can see the changes.
- Click ‘Add Targeting’ and select your Target before posting your update
Check on the help video below.
Try this option and post your experiences below.