Google released the technical specifications of their product Google Glass
This is expected to revolutionize the Internet and Mobile world. This Wearable computer is set to replace Smartphones.
The introductory price is set to be USD 1500. But at present, you need to wait to book this product.
Google also published the MyGlass companion Android app on Google Play to configure and manage your Glass device.
If you are not aware of what Google Glass is, check this out – Google Glass – Home
The technical specifications as described by Google on their Support Center
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.
High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos – 5 MP
- Videos – 720p
- Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi – 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, Glass is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long and prosperous Glass use.
- Any Bluetooth-capable phone.
- The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.
Though, these are some common notable points:
- As a glass, it is fragile.
- It is not water, heat or scratch resistant
- It can be an easy and major distraction than a smartphone
- Strictly kept away from children
Post your thoughts and comments below on this product/project.
Stay up-to-date on latest tech and social gadgets via SocialNetGate Blog