A Facebook Page may exist for your business even if you or someone else from your business didn't create it.
Some reasons when a page is created without you creating it:
- when someone checks into a place that doesn't already have a Page, a new Page gets created to represent the location.
- When some of your employer tries to add his work details on the Facebook profile when the company page is not available.
You can either report the page or claim it, if it is not administered. To claim it:
- From the Page, click the menu.
- Select Is this your business?.
- Follow the steps that appear on your screen. Add and verify information about your business like the address and website and click Continue.
Next, Facebook will ask you to claim your Page to prevent other people from becoming an admin without your permission. Choose to verify your connection to the business by Email or by uploading Documentation:
Email: Choose this option if you have an email address associated with your Facebook account that is officially issued to you by your business. Email addresses from generic providers like Yahoo! or Gmail will not be accepted. The email address should correspond to your business's name (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Documentation: Upload a scan or photo of an official document that shows your business's name and address (ex: phone bill, business license, business tax file, articles of incorporation, etc.).
- Click Submit.
Most of the above content are from the Facebook Help Center page on How do I claim a Page that already exists for my business?
There has been a common issue that there is no option "Is this your business?" to claim a page.
Clicking on 'Do you know the owner' option can send an email to a person you wish. But there are no options on the email to claim the page either; rather it merely redirects to the same page again with no option to claim the page.
Contacting Facebook regarding this has not helped many businesses and still the issue persists.
Is the Facebook option "Claim a (business) page" glitchy?